Experiment during writing time


Today we started by watching a video.



We wondered how we could get raisins to dance in liquid.


Our thinking:


Bea: I think we have to put water on the raisins because the liquid has taken control over the raisins.
Finn: I think we can put fizzy and then put the raisins in because the bubbles will lift the raisins up and down.
Sophie Ag: I think we can get more liquid because if we have less it won't dance.
Zane: I think we have to put water in a cup and raisins and shake it.
Keisha: I think we can put lemonade in a cup and the bubbles might make the raisins go up.
Zubia: I think the raisins were going up and down because there was salt water.
Christina: I think we could put water in a cup and we could put raisins in it and salt and the raisins were dancing in liquid because it is water.
Sam: I think we could put water in a cup and then put the raisins in a cup.
Jake: I think we need to put more liquid in the glass so the raisins can dance.
Ashley: I think that we need to put salt water in it.
Oliver: I think we need to put raisins in the water.
Rose: I think it will be funny because raisins are funny.

WE EXPERIMENTED!!




When we put the raisin in water it sunk. The currant floated. They did not float in normal water.


There were air bubbles all the way around the raisin.


We added vinegar and baking soda to the water.


The water went all bubbly and fizzy.






The raisins and the currants began to dance because there were lots of bubbles around it and it made it float.

I AM A SCIENTIST!

Jake: I know it danced in the baking soda. It will dance if we put baking soda in.
Zane: I know it dances in the baking soda. It will dance if we put baking soda in.
Avia:  I know that the raisins sink to the bottom and to the top. 
Katie: I know
Rose: I know that now raisins bounced like a ball. I saw when we put vinegar and baking soda it fizzes like lemonade. The big one sunk like when you put a stone in water.
Greer: I know
Harrison: I know how to make raisins dance by first you put some raisins and put salt and vinegar in 
Jayden:  I know the raisins can dance because we make bubbles.
Silke: I know when we put the raisins in the water sunk because it has bubbles inside it.
Zubia: I know when we put the currant in the water it was floating because it was light.
Finn:  I know now that you need air bubbles to make them float.
Sam:  I know raisins float in water because bubbles made the raisins dance and if we put raisins in tea it probably will float. 
Jun:  I know
Christina: I know that the raisins dance in soda because there was lots of bubbles and it was pretty cool because it was cool when we saw bubbles.
Liam: i know that if you put raisins and currents in a glass the currants will float like the were out in sea but the raisins will float too.
Bea:  I know that when we put the currants in water it will float because of the bubbles. The raisins danced like a ballerina because of the bubbles.
Ashley:  I know that when we put the currants
Te Paea:  I know
Sophie Ad: I know that if we put raisins in water with baking soda and vinegar it will look like the raisins are dancing.
Oliver:  I know that the raisins danced because the vinegar was pushing it with the bubbles like a ballerina. 
 Sophie Ag:  I know that the bubbles on the raisin popped when it got to the top like bubbles in a cup.








No comments:

Post a Comment